The 2020 Passionate Plume Contest
The 15th Annual
PASSIONATE PLUME CONTEST
for Published Works of Erotic Romance
- BDSM – works with BDSM elements. Do your characters like more than light spanking? Bring those stories to this category where romance thrives in power exchanges.
- Contemporary – works that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a contemporary setting. Includes series and single-title length romances. Can also include elements of romantic suspense/intrigue.
- Paranormal – Do your characters have extraordinary abilities or shift? Your stories belong here.
- Science Fiction – works that focus on science or futuristic settings, including works with aliens or that are dystopian in nature.
- Historical or Time Travel – works that focus on the developing romantic relationship in different time settings. This includes past time periods and time travel romance.
- Steamy – romances that contain explicit scenes or high heat, but the story does not hinge on sexual interaction.
*Novellas are NOT a separate category! Works that are between 15,000 and 34,999 words should be entered under their subject category. Each category will also have NOVELLA finalists and winners in addition to the Plume novel winner for that category.
**Novels are works of at least 35,000 words.
Judging and Prizes
Works will each be judged by three readers, writers, reviewers, booksellers or librarians. The top two scores are added to form the final score. The lowest score is dropped. Ties are broken using the dropped low score or with a fourth reading. The decisions of the judges are final.
First place winners will receive a prize and an award graphic for their website. All others will receive a finalist graphic for their website. Finalists will be announced May 16 on the Passionate Ink FB page and website. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, July 1. Results will be listed in Passionate Ink’s newsletter, and on the Passionate Ink FB page.
Questions? Write Passionate Ink Vice President Pati Rusty Bader at email@example.com
RULES FOR ENTRY: Entries accepted 2/14 – 4/15/2020
- Contest is open to all erotic romance books published in 2019. Erotic romance stories have HEA and the romantic relationship grows through sexual interaction. The genre is discussed here by one of our founders, Sylvia Day.
- All entries must be previously unpublished in any format prior to 2018 and must possess an original copyright date of 2019. (If the paperback format was released in 2018 and the ebook was released in 2019, 2018 would be the date of first publication and the book would be ineligible for Passionate Plume entry.)
- It is the author’s responsibility to enter the book in the correct category. All clarifications as to category should be made prior to submission. Entries submitted in the wrong category, as determined by two or more judges, will be disqualified without refund. The judges’ decision is final.
- One novel cannot be entered in multiple categories, but multiple works (up to three entries per category of novels and novellas) are welcome if accompanied by the proper completed entry form and full entry fee.
- There must be a minimum of eight entries or the category will be canceled. If the minimum number of entries is not attained, entrants will be notified. The entrant will be asked to provide a second choice of categories. If the entrant does not wish to place the entry in another category, the entry and associated fees will be returned.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.
- Decisions of the Contest Coordinator are final.
– Passionate Ink members: First entry FREE, additional entries $25
– RWA members: $30
– Non-members: $35
Register for the Passionate Plume Contest
- Complete the contest entry form
- Submit your entry fee via PayPal / Credit Card
REMINDER FOR PASSIONATE INK MEMBERS: First entry FREE, additional entries $25. For your first entry, simply complete the form above.