Passionate Plume contest deadline extended to April 30, 2021
The 15th Annual PASSIONATE PLUME CONTEST for Published and Unpublished Works of Erotic Romance is under way! We’ve extended the deadline and are especially in need of submissions for unpublished authors, historical, and scifi/paranormal. This is the romance industry’s ONLY official contest for authors of erotic romance, and for the first time, we have created a new category to feature and support the “virgin” unpublished! For more info, read after the jump, and visit our contest page to submit your entry.
- BDSM –stories with BDSM elements. Do your characters like more than light spanking? Bring those stories to this category where romance thrives on kinks, fetishes, and/or power exchanges.
- Contemporary – stories that focus on the developing romantic relationship in a contemporary setting. Includes series and single-title length romances. Can also include elements of romantic suspense/intrigue or romantic comedy.
- Paranormal – Do your characters have extraordinary abilities or shift? Your stories belong here.
- Science Fiction – stories that focus on science or futuristic settings, including works with aliens or that are dystopian in nature.
- Historical or Time Travel – stories that focus on the developing romantic relationship in different time settings. This includes past time periods and time travel romance.
- Steamy – stories that contain explicit scenes or high heat, but the story does not hinge on sexual interaction.
- Novella —stories that are shorter in length than a novel**. Novellas can be entered either directly in the preferred subgenre or in the novella category if they are between 20,000-40,0000 words. Works that are less than 20,000 should be entered in the novella category. Works greater than 40,000 words should be entered directly in the preferred subgenre above.
- Virgins —This new category is for UNPUBLISHED authors. Entries will be the first 5000 words of your completed manuscript that fits one of the above categories.
**Novels are works of at least 40,000 words.
– Passionate Ink members: First entry FREE, additional entries $25
– RWA members: $30
– Non-members: $35
Ready to enter? Visit our contest page to submit your entry!